- Why should we use functions in our programs?
- True or False, the function below is incorrect because the variable name used
within the function is different than the variable name defined outside.
print("item launched: %s".format(item))
missile = 'warhead'
- True or False, even functions with no return statement return a value?
- Write a function that combines two strings and returns the result.
- How could you rewrite the following code using a function?
hole = None
if peg_type == 'round':
print('the type supplied is round')
hole = 'round'
elif peg_type == 'square':
print('the type supplied is square')
hole = 'square'
- True or False, when calling a function, the order in which you supply
arguments (the values you are giving to the function in parentheses) is
- Give an example of overriding scope.
- How can you recover from a fatal error on your program?
- Give an example of handling an
- Why would we care to write our data to a file?
- How can I open a file in read/write mode?
- What would I do if I wanted to read a file one line at a time?