You have already written your first program but now you will write one that has a real-world application. The requirements for accomplishing this assignment will be given.
Fork the lesson one homework repository.
Clone your remote repository (replacing
reedcwilson with your username).
git clone https://github.com/reedcwilson/lesson1.git
Change directories in your terminal to your newly cloned repository.
tip-calculator.py file in your text editor.
Write a program that receives the following inputs from the user:
- the server's name
- how much the meal cost
- the tax rate as a floating point (e.g. 6.5)
- the tip percent as an integer (e.g. 15 or 20)
Print out the following results:
- The amount to tip
- The total amount for the meal
- A thank you for the server
Turn It In
When you are finished, stage your changes:
git add .
Then create a commit:
git commit -m "replace this string with your commit message"
Push your changes back to GitHub:
git push origin master
And, finally, email me the URL to your repository.
- Remember that percentages are often represented as numbers like 6.5% but the real value is 0.065.
- The user's input will always be a string. You will need to convert the user's numerical inputs into numbers.